Prosecuting a trade mark opposition
Whether you want to oppose a registered trade mark, or someone is filing a notice to oppose against you, MacMillan Trade Marks can help. We have years of experience in dealing with trade mark opposition proceedings quickly and efficiently to ensure costs are kept to a minimum.
Australia has a streamlined trade mark opposition process, meaning time is of utmost importance in any opposition matter.
The key steps include:
- File Notice of Intention to Oppose
- File Statement of Grounds
- The other side files Notice to Contest
- Evidence is filed in 3 stages:
– Evidence in Support
– Evidence in Answer
– Evidence in Reply
- Written submissions or an oral hearing
- Decision is made